AIO board mergers

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!

Which boards should merge?

Campbell County and the Soda Shop
No votes
The Town of Odyssey and the Soda Shop
5%
Campbell County and the Town of Odyssey
No votes
All of them!
21%
LOL Nope
74%

Total votes: 19

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

AIO board mergers

Why do we need three Odyssey forums?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Why do we need two? Why not just have the SS or ToO.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Good question, why don't we merge the two?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Chances are you'd have to eliminate SS then.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

please don't!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I'm just playing devils advocate here. :)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The thing is that some people don't want a message board with 800 forums that have 5 subforums each.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bren wrote:Chances are you'd have to eliminate SS then.
NOT MY BABY! D:

I think it mostly depends on the people, if people are committed to multiple boards..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

We'd merge them, there would be changes on the new forum. The ToO is pretty dead, I doubt there'd be much push back about changing stuff there.

What is this about 800 forums?

shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Ok! GREAT IDEA over here: merging the ToO and CC! I mean, yay! Both forums get more people on, and we only have two forums to keep track of. It's a win-win-win.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The CC has almost no traffic and many of the users from CC are also here on SS. It would make more sense to shut down CC and merge SS & ToO.

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eleventh Doctor wrote:The CC has almost no traffic and many of the users from CC are also here on SS. It would make more sense to shut down CC and merge SS & ToO.
Then you'd have leadership issues though. We run things on the SS a lot differently than on the ToO behind the scenes.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How do you run thing differently? And are these issues really worth having two different forums?

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eleventh Doctor wrote:How do you run thing differently? And are these issues really worth having two different forums?
Everything, from the duties of administrators and moderators, to not having elections and events.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The ToO is much more role-playing-ish with money and events. The CC, to be honest, is ToO's little cousin, and SS has been awesome since John Henry joined.

I must sound like I hate the CC, but I don't.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The ToO has been dead lately, the events have not gone anywhere, and the latest election ended when no one ran. This new combined forum could not have elections and the duties of administrators and moderators could be discussed.

Wakko
Pistachio

We should just get rid of all message boards, and just have the too chat. =p
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I say we combine the two boards, each board picks two admins who have the power to ban people and give moderator power to people. We have a large pool of experienced moderators so that wouldn't be a problem. Obviously the ToO has become too complicated so let's simplify this new forum.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Would the simplification only be with leadership, or would we merge or get rid of certain forums that are unused or unnecessary?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Both, everything needs to be simplified