How did you come to find out about the SS?

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

How did you come to find out about the SS?

I think the topic is self explanatory enough without much extra explanation. How did you find out about the Soda Shop Message board? I'll begin with my story:

A couple years ago (I'm not exactly sure how many) I believe I was browsing the Whit's End Site for some reason, and there was a link to the Odyssey Scoop. I'm pretty sure it was for their "Where Odyssey is Not" site feature, which was relatively interesting, but what I found really interesting was what I found while I was browsing the rest of the site- The Ceiling Fan Podcast. There was a link to intern James special #4, and I loved it. I thought that was the only clip, and was really impressed with the quality of the show, but left it to do something else that seemed more urgent at the time. fortunately I still had the page bookmarked, and came back to it again sometime later.

When I returned to the site, I discovered the rest of the Ceiling Fan podcast series, and became a total addict of the show. Through this addiction and eventually becoming part of the show I became pretty close friends with our great and powerful founder: Jacob Isom. We'd Skype pretty often about life and the newest episodes of AIO, and he's consistently remind me to keep up with what was happening on his site. I eventually didn't need to be reminded any more, and frequented the site out of my own interest.

Earlier this year, Jacob mentioned the idea he had for a new message board to me and I was excited to see where it would go. I checked it out a little bit before he officially launched it, and asked if (since I was his best buddy and stuff) I could be a moderator. He caved and let me, so I was happy... until later that day when I saw Bren had been made an admin. Naturally, I figured that if Bren was going to get to be an admin, I'd better to be as well. I trotted right back to Skype and bugged Jacob until he made me an admin, and I've been fulfilling my duty as exactly that since then.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

My story is quite boring in comparison to Garrett's. Ben introduced me to SS.
No elaborate story about how I ran across it one day while browsing AIO Fan sites... No discovery of links... Nothing. I'm just boring I guess! lol
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I learned about it from The Odyssey Scoop. I had wanted to join around June, but, I wasn't allowed then. Haha!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I had been a sorta fan of the Odyssey Scoop for a while, I didn't really comment, but I did enjoy looking at their features and Odyssey news. Then, I saw that they had released a new forum, and I joined that very day. I had joined a couple other forums, but they all seemed so big, and no one else was really new.
But the SS was different. Everyone was just joining. I made my first post that day, and I've been here ever since.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

For me it started one lonely afternoon at school. I was sitting in my room, between classes, bored and lonely since it was the second or third week of school. I went online to try to find some AIO to listen to because I missed it. I went on facebook, to the AIO page.. didn't find any AIO episodes. Clicked on their likes.. saw the Odyssey Scoop page.. and one of their recent posts was for this message board forum thing. So I went to their website, and clicked around, found the SS, registered, then went off to class and forgot about it. A few weeks later I, once again, was bored and went looking for AIO to listen to on the net. I remembered making an account here and decided to try it out. Since then I have found a HUGE AIO community I never new even existed. All thanks to that one day between classes.

Here is the picture that was posted on facebook that day... if you are interested :D some of ya'll are famous.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Kaida
Fudge Marble

First time I saw the SS I didn't think much of it until someone had asked me on The Ceiling Fan forum/comment page thing if I had an account. I said no but that I would check it out.. So I did and read the different topic and then I thought "I so have to join this!" So I did. :D
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Yay! I'm on your picture twice, OF!
Before I came on here, I was only part of one message board, that was even bigger than the ToO. I didn't really like it there, I had tons of people as my "friends" but I never even talked to most of them. Then, earlier this year, I kept seeing my sis come on a place called The Soda Shop, and asked her what it was. After she told me, I immediately joined, and have been coming on ever since!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

My story involves A dear friend :D
I have a faio account and have had one ever since it was introduced on whitsend. It was always really boring there and I had only one good friend called Josh :D
One day I noticed that there had been a new user to come on, so I commented on his page and welcomed him. Later he pmd me and thanked me for the comment, he also told me about a much better site called the soda shop and his account there :D I promised him I would check it out and later even I made an account there. This kind young man then introduced me to all his friends and since then I have considered you all my second family, a home way from home (:

This young man is named Noah, or as we all know him... Wooton(:
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I've been a faithful visitor of the Scoop for several years and when I saw that Jacob had made a message board for it, I signed up!
Renae
Fudge Marble

lol :D I thought the message boards had allways been a part of the scoop :d prob. just cuz I never knew about this site until the message boards were created :D
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I just started going to the Scoop a few months ago. There, I met Marybeth_13 and we became pretty close friends (Well, About as close as you can get on the internet ;) ) Anywho, She told me about it, And at first, I wasn't allowed to. But, My parents changed their minds and said I could get an account here. So, With the help of a friend I had it set up. Now, A few months later, I have an account to every AIO message board I know of! ;) The best part was the warm welcoming I got. Now I have almost, If not 50 people on my friends list! This place has been a blessing! Thank you! :D
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

One day I was bored so I googled Adventures in Odyssey.
Last edited by NinjaThrowingStar on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Renae
Fudge Marble

Wow! Nice stories!!! I love how I knew Shey and Allie before finding this site!!
I also knew my cousin Ben! I always watched his videos before even getting on this site. :D
Last edited by Renae on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

My story is sort of like Liz'alike's except Kaida didn't really introduce me to the SS, I just knew she was on a forum for Odyssey lovers. I later asked her if I could make an account and she flat out said "No." But, I kept bugging her about it and she let me on. :D
^^ Props to Belle ^^
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

From the Odyssey Scoop!
Kaida
Fudge Marble

the Valiant wrote:Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.
I remember that! :D I'm so glad you finally started talking.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Pete the Moose
Vanilla

I think I heard Bren talking about it, somewhere back when it first started. Checked it out, and then really didn't have any reason to join at the time.
Cheese.
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Well, I first met Ben on the odysseyscoop and he was like "Hey you should come to the SS! I want you to meet my friends!" So Ben invited me! Thanks for that, Hermie! :D
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

one day on the OS i saw ben and mary talking and he menitioned the Soda Shop to her and thought it sounded fun so i joined and now i'm here! lol ;) so i guess i'll have to say thanks ben! ;) and now i'm too addiced to the SS! ;)
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)