What will happen to Connie after album 55?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

What will happen to Connie after album 55?

What is going to happen to Connie? Any theories? Will she stay her normal self or have something else happen to her? Discuss :!:
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Connie is so utterly jealous that her old fiancé, Robert Mitchell, married Maureen, Connie tries to find another guy that is like Mitch. This leads her to Jason Whittaker. Since Jason comes back in Album 56, she constantly stalks him until finally he talks to his dad about what to do. Whit says to tell Connie the truth , that Jason can't stand her, but he wants to be nice to Connie, so he asks her out. Sadly, Connie thinks this means something for them as a couple, which puts Jason in a deeper dilemma. Finally, Jason tells her the truth, which sends her into a bout of depression, until she meets the man "she wants to spend the rest of her life with," Wooton Bassett!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Your theory is hilarious :D :P :) :lol: :roll:
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I think after 55 Connie could have some pick up in her business Dreams by Constance. She begins to get more and more publicity until a TV station wants to make a reality show of her work. After some frustration and comic results, they decide the show Dreams by Constance is cancelled and Connie continues with her everyday business.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

These are all very interesting things but I believe that Connie will be content and Stay Friends with Mitch.and Marueen! Work at Whits End be her Normal AMAZING Self! :D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

I think she will stay her normal self.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

I think that Connie will stay single for awhile, she will probably go to collage (full time) meet some guy and they fall in love, mean while, Jason will fall for her, and she's totally confused about who to go with. Eventually, some OTHER man comes in and she goes with him. They date for awhile (like, 3 or 4 albums) then get married. While that goes on, she is working at Whit's End and she and Penny work together in a famous wedding business.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

AIO wouldn't make Connie find a guy right after she just had that experience. I'm guessing nothing particular will happen to her for a few albums.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I agree with C-guy
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

What about her amazing ability to copy paintings discovered in The Green Ring Conspiracy? Did the writers forget about the business Penny kept talking about starting? I'll bet because they intended Penny to be a bad guy, they didn't expect her to be there, so no business.
~ Walker in Dreams
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:What about her amazing ability to copy paintings discovered in The Green Ring Conspiracy? Did the writers forget about the business Penny kept talking about starting? I'll bet because they intended Penny to be a bad guy, they didn't expect her to be there, so no business.
They did intend for Penny to know about the Green Ring, but they wanted Connie to have a friend her age so they made Penny clueless.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Good point, Arkán. It's been a rather consistent theme in AiO to abruptly switch tracks as if an idea or event never happened.

My position remains from earlier: Connie is stale. She needs to develop a life outside of Whit's End. Every real person's life involves taking another step as soon as we get adjusted to the one we are standing on. God doesn't give us much time to relax on each step.

Emily sort of has the theme right now of "What am I going to do with my life?", which is fine, so long as it is clear, well-defined, and actually leads somewhere. It would be repetitive to do the same arc with Connie.

The best plausible solution I can see is to give Connie some fresh challenges and goals, and possibly reveal longer, life-long steps.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

T.S. (myself) wrote:
The best plausible solution I can see is to give Connie some fresh challenges and goals, and possibly reveal longer, life-long steps.
Of course the writers wouldn't agree with me, but she and Jason should get together. I am attempting to show this right now in my fanfiction-arc with Jason and Connie. It's my own interpretation though, which I'm in the middle of, so who knows if it's plausible.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Great flaming balls of insanity! Why are people so dead set on J+C!?
Nobody's put forth any convincing evidence that they've ever liked each other in the past, much less sufficient grounds for them to fall in love now, after having a brother-sister relationship (in Connie's own words) for years.
I can't imagine what Connie would say if she saw all this. Wait, yes I can.
"HA HA HA!"
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thanks so much for bringing this topic back, PF. It was funny to look at one of my posts from right after I joined. Wacky theory. Just wow. O.o

Anyway, T.S., about your observation of Connie becoming "stale", there are points in people's lives where they feel stuck in a rut. That doesn't mean they're stale or used-up, but that God just hasn't opened the next door yet. As a show trying to expresss real-life scenarios, Odyssey should have people with that issue. But, don't forget about the upcoming Life Expectanties. After all, Connie might just get out of her rut.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Great flaming balls of insanity! Why are people so dead set on J+C!?
Nobody's put forth any convincing evidence that they've ever liked each other in the past, much less sufficient grounds for them to fall in love now, after having a brother-sister relationship (in Connie's own words) for years.
I can't imagine what Connie would say if she saw all this. Wait, yes I can.
"HA HA HA!"
I am set on J+C because they would be cute together. So there.

There was the crush that she had, and even if it was 'manufactured', it didn't mean there wasn't something beneath the surface that lent itself to something more. In Connie's words, (maybe paraphrasing Love is in the Air) "I'll be the first to admit that you're good looking and nice and intelligent and fun to be with"--it's not like she hates him. ;) Yes they have a brother-sister relationship but that can be a strong foundation for something more. It could just take the right kind of incident to fan that latent spark into a flame- :D . And I've become much more of a proponent of J+C since I've been writing about it; if I was a little before, I'm a lot more now.

Anyway, it's all speculation. It's all up to the writers, and we'll have to wait and see---or, wait and hope. :)

-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 pm --

Also, I think for us girls, since Connie is our role model and main female character on AIO, that we think it would be cool to get together with someone as awesome as Jason. Kind of a wish-fulfillment thing. Maybe just speaking for myself, not sure. :) Just a theory.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yeah, I hate The prospect of Connie & Jason getting married. That's just random. If Connie had immediately been attracted to him when he first came, and Jason had bit a bit younger, I suppose I would've liked their marriage. But it's just been waaaay too long, without even a mutual attraction, for them to just spontaneously marry after Connie had known Jason, without any real romantic antics by either party, for years and years. It doesn't make any sense, and it would be awkward for me and a lot of other fans. Us males (though I'm not sure about females) need more reason for their marriage than "they're cute together". I for one hope the writers stick to their instincts and aren't swayed at all by their female fangirl fans.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ameraka wrote:Also, I think for us girls, since Connie is our role model and main female character on AIO, that we think it would be cool to get together with someone as awesome as Jason. Kind of a wish-fulfillment thing. Maybe just speaking for myself, not sure. :) Just a theory.
My thoughts exactly!!!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Us males (though I'm not sure about females) need more reason for their marriage than "they're cute together".
Well, here's one female who agrees with you. *points to self*

Relationships, marriages, have so many other factors to consider, before "they look cute together"
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

God's Girl wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:Us males (though I'm not sure about females) need more reason for their marriage than "they're cute together".
Well, here's one female who agrees with you. *points to self*

Relationships, marriages, have so many other factors to consider, before "they look cute together"
QFT.

*Not one worded*