The Case of the Secret Room

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Case of the Secret Room

Share your thoughts on the exciting thriller-mystery: The Case of the Secret Room! :o :shock: I'll post a review later, after a few people have commented.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oh man that one for me was creepy! I listen to it once at night when he said Whittaker! I squealed and my brothers came in. LOL! They knew i was doing in. It was scary!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... I thought it was a bit scary, but no more than your typical Christian children's comedy sitcom 1980's grandfatherly man radio show. Compared to most radio dramas in that genre, it was mild. I mean some of those other typical Christian children's comedy sitcom 1980's grandfatherly man radio shows get quite intense! LOL
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Hmm Haven't heard it.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

HannahJ. wrote:Hmm Haven't heard it.
WHAT? :cry: You haven't heard The Case of the Secret Room? :shock: How can you be a true Odyssey fan? I'm just kidding, (sort of) actually, I didn't hear it until not too long ago when I got the album. But you absolutely HAVE to hear it. It's possibly the best AIO mystery ever.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
WHAT? :cry: You haven't heard The Case of the Secret Room? :shock: How can you be a true Odyssey fan? I'm just kidding, (sort of) actually, I didn't hear it until not too long ago when I got the album. But you absolutely HAVE to hear it. It's possibly the best AIO mystery ever.
Wait what album?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

HannahJ. wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Wait what album?
Album 2: The Wildest Summer Ever. (I was about to type Stormy Weather! :D )
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Hmm... I thought it was a bit scary, but no more than your typical Christian children's comedy sitcom 1980's grandfatherly man radio show. Compared to most radio dramas in that genre, it was mild. I mean some of those other typical Christian children's comedy sitcom 1980's grandfatherly man radio shows get quite intense! LOL

LOL! Yeah i know but i was younger when i listened to it at night. not my age right now
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

When I first started listening to Odyssey, I was scared of lots of things. The first time I listened to this episode, I couldn't get through it. The cackling in the basement freaked me out. Probably at least a year later, I finally listened to it, and I am fine with it now. I think that it has its place, but it isn't one of my favorites.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

This one scared the heck out of me as a little kid. LOOOOVED it! Unfortunately, now we don't own it. It scared my brother too and he complained. Rats. It was dark, chilling, mysterious, came together nicely... miss it.
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish

As the founder of the E.R.K., may I say: Emily RULES!
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

Just listened to it again, it's still awesome even if you listen to it five million times.
Nothing.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

It certainly is one of the best mysteries Odyssey has made. It kept me guessing until the end, and Tom's niece (?) was so cute. Too bad she was only in one episode. I'll admit though, the 80's bridge music made me laugh. Love it!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I know! It was the second best AIO mystery ever! (Sorry, but I like The Mysterious Stranger better. That episode was just plain EPIC!)
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I loved that one better too! "Bewaaaare" creeped me out so much when I first heard it!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

MeltsnerGirl91 wrote:I loved that one better too! "Bewaaaare" creeped me out so much when I first heard it!
Ha ha! :lol: It creeped my sister and even my mom out when they first heard it too! The ending is so intense, I was on the edge of my seat.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I know, me too! Plus we learned some history about the structure of Whit's End in the process.
fiddlergirlsusy
Vanilla

These two episodes scared me when I was little, too. I hated it because it was my dad's favorite and he would ALWAYS turn it on during car trips! We still have them now, and they're two of my favorites. :D
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Isn't it awesome how everyone was so scared of these? I love it when Odyssey gets scary!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes, it is very creepy. Now, here's what makes it terrifying: Listening to this episode, particularly this scene and other Mister Fenwick scenes, in the dark.

Also, listen to the "Grim" scene of Someone to Watch Over Me in the dark, as well.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

When I was little, some of the parts scared me a little bit, but I have always liked that one :). Especially, now that I am older :D. I love the part in the basement mwhahahaha ;P