Volume 57: A Call to Something More

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Volume 57: A Call to Something More

What did you guys think of this album?

I downloaded it from Amazon, and listened to it last night.

Just some thoughts:
Life Expectancy made the album for me.

(Even though some episodes were eh..and there was Big Trouble Under the Big Top. >_<)

I listened to all 3 parts last night, and bawled and cried and BAWLED some more.

Be prepared to cry.

I was disappointed that Jules was only in Part 2..but I guess it made sense..I wonder, being related to Connie if we'll see more of her or not.

Big Trouble Under the Big Top....no..just no. A horrible episode..and starring Emily, what do you expect?

The Pilot I liked..some parts I didn't, but overall, it was a great story.

I do think it's too soon for Jennie though..way too soon after her mother's death.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

I'm getting it next week on iTunes
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I am as well, Skylerbuck. Glad I'm not the only one. X|
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I bought it for a really long road trip we are on (with an ITunes card I just realized I had... And here are my thoughts on it :)
I agree 100 % with Doll about Life Expectancies. I cried and cried.. But it made the whole album worth my money. I think this is the best, also, that Wooton has been since #50. It reminded me that he was more then the happy-go-lucky, joke-every-minute guy that he has been the past albums (at least in my opinion). One note though: I definitely felt like it was to soon for Connie. Also, maybe it was just me, Jason sounded much older... I guess antiques do that to a person..? But besides that, it's
The Pilot was really good, I liked how ___ became a missionary pilot, and the romance part. ;)

Repent After Me, with Barrett and the test sounded a LOT like a Test for Robyn. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to Trouble Under the Big Tops.. But I don't have too high hopes for that one. But overall, it was a good album.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

Stella C. wrote:I bought it for a really long road trip we are on (with an ITunes card I just realized I had... And here are my thoughts on it :)
I agree 100 % with Doll about Life Expectancies. I cried and cried.. But it made the whole album worth my money. I think this is the best, also, that Wooton has been since #50. It reminded me that he was more then the happy-go-lucky, joke-every-minute guy that he has been the past albums (at least in my opinion). One note though: I definitely felt like it was to soon for Connie. Also, maybe it was just me, Jason sounded much older... I guess antiques do that to a person..? But besides that, it's
The Pilot was really good, I liked how ___ became a missionary pilot, and the romance part. ;)

Repent After Me, with Barrett and the test sounded a LOT like a Test for Robyn. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to Trouble Under the Big Tops.. But I don't have too high hopes for that one. But overall, it was a good album.
It's on iTunes now? For me it shows that it is only $3.99 for the Pilot, and thats all thats available.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Your right, it's not on Itunes yet. Let me rephrase that: long story short, I was so desperate to listen to 57 on our long road trip, and because it hadn't come out on iTunes yet and I had an iTunes card, my dad bought the MP3 on FOTF Christian bookstore website, and I just gave him my card in exchange so he could buy whatever music he wanted. (Sorry if I'm hard to understand, I'm in the midst of this long card) :)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Mara
Pistachio

I'm waiting for the hard copy, but it's so hard to be patient!
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

It actually is on iTunes for $3.99 for the whole album currently and I got all 12 episodes plus 2 bonus features. A few of the track names are mixed up but all the episodes are there, and you can edit the album/episode names. So I guess you can say I got the full album at an unbeatable price due to a pricing mistake likely. :)

Here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/episo ... d696086455 by the way
Last edited by Skylerbuck on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

SKYLERBUCK. I love you. Just downloaded it. :P

EDIT:

Spoilers... maybe
Life Expectancy was kind of sad. It was good though. It'll be interesting to see how Connie's life turns out.

Congratulations to Reddo and Bren for getting mentioned in Repeat After Me! That was cool. I didn't notice any other names though.

Matthew's voice sounds rather deep. XD I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of him soon because of how deep his voice is getting. Haha. Unless they pull another Jimmy.
Also... Good thing Matthew and Emily didn't take jelly beans from Pockets the clown. They could've been poisoned. But if they were poisoned, I wouldn't have minded so much if he gave them to Emily. *whistles*
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Loved it!
spoilers:
Your Servant is Listening was average. I thought it was a bit on the boring side... But at the same time I was anxiously waiting for something epic in the story plot to take place!
I absolutely died laughing in The Friend Formula. I love Jay!
I bawled in Life Expectancy. I can also say that I was slightly disappointed at Jeff's appearance. My heart was so set on Jason+Connie! (Though I'm not giving up complete hope ;))
I thought The Pilot was pretty good. It was nice to hear some of the Christian life of Jeff.
Mara
Pistachio

I thought I was preordering the hard copy for sixteen dollars plus four dollar shipping, but we called to order and it was available so we said we wanted to buy it and it was $24 with $10 shipping even though it is small and we live an hour away! Ugh! Oh well. Is it worth it everyone?
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I'm pretty happy they mentioned us. Makes me feel special. :)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Liz'alike wrote:Loved it!
spoilers:
Your Servant is Listening was average. I thought it was a bit on the boring side... But at the same time I was anxiously waiting for something epic in the story plot to take place!
I absolutely died laughing in The Friend Formula. I love Jay!
I bawled in Life Expectancy. I can also say that I was slightly disappointed at Jeff's appearance. My heart was so set on Jason+Connie! (Though I'm not giving up complete hope ;))
I thought The Pilot was pretty good. It was nice to hear some of the Christian life of Jeff.
I love this album. I downloaded it last Sunday and listened to it on Labor Day since I didn't have much else to do. :D I think my favorites are The Friend Formula and especially Life Expectancy.
Yes I cried at Life Expectancy- I was so sad for Connie and it brought me back to last year when my grandpa died and all the feelings that go with it.
Also, yes I was disappointed with Jeff's appearance because I want Jason+Connie and it seems like maybe they are going to turn him into a love interest for her. I don't think she is getting married anytime in the foreseeable future (who knows--I've just heard it implied from AIO) But she could have a romance that lasts for a while. If Jeff is indeed here for that purpose (something I generally frown on--love interests introduced for the sake of another character and not on their own merit) there should at least be a triangle between Jeff, Connie and Jason! That could get interesting.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I think Album 57 is my new favourite album :) Life Expectancy was just... wow. Amazing.
I really could feel for Connie in Life Expectancy. My grandma died last year, so it's kinda the same thing, only having your mother die would be 10 times worst. And I agree with Ameraka; there should be a triangle between Connie, Jason, and Jeff. But Jason should get her in the end :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I think I listened on Labor day too, Ameraka!
I haven't had someone die recently but the episode did make me take a look at my relationship with my mom. I made sure I told her I loved her!
I am tot' okay with a love triangle! I can see that bringing many laughs! (and yes, Jason should get her in the end ;))
Mara
Pistachio

It just arrived in the mail. So excited!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

:-O Did anyone notice that:
Wooton's voice sounded different in Life Expectancy? To me, he didn't sound the same... I don't know why, but his voice seemed higher or less Wooton-like. Maybe he was just upset about Connie's mom or something. Not sure, what do you think?
Mara
Pistachio

Great album! And I noticed that too, Ben.
I loved all the episodes on this album except for Big Trouble Under the Big Top. Not a fan of that one :?
Cried in Life Expectancy. I loved the episode and would have to say it was my favorite on the album. I was delighted and surprised at the appearance of Connie's friend! I like Mitch better, but I wouldn't mind Jeff and Connie together. ;)
The Pilot was also an awesome episode! So nice to hear a little about Jeff's job and his faith!
Overall, loved the album and it was nice to finally listen to the album I had been waiting for for months! I think that's the most excited I've ever been for an album to be released!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Was I the only one who spotted Bren's name in Repent in Me?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wretched Sinner wrote:Was I the only one who spotted Bren's name in Repent in Me?
http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=1911
^No.

And he's been obsessed about it ever since he found out. :yes:
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~