Creationism or Evolutionism.

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Wodfamchocsod wrote:The book of Genesis certainly doesn't sound poetic to me, and such accounts like creation, Moses,the Israelites, etc... Are very historical. In fact, by the time Jewish boys were 12, they had to memorize the first 5 books, their Jewish history.
In what ways are we evolving? How do you know?
So, if we have a common ancestor, Adam and Eve weren't humans then?
Have you read poetic accounts from the same time period that Genesis was written? Read the Epic of Gilgamesh. Jewish boys having to memorize the first five books in no way proves they are historical book.

We are still evolving because we are still adapting to our climate and passing on genetic traits. So people who are best suited for procreation and living reproduce the most and pass on their unique genetic traits.

Of course Adam and Eve were humans.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

The Epic of Gilgamesh is the only poetic account from that age. And it a bit after the flood.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

So, how close are we to being able to marry close relatives in our evolution?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

@Blitz There's also the stories of Atra Hasis, Enuma Elis, the Legend of Keret, and the Kumarbi Cycle. All examples of earlier poetic epics that explore creation and the flood. So if it's a bit after the flood that means it's older than the Genesis account since Moses wrote that.

@Mr Yorp Seriously I have no idea what you're talking about, expand on your points. We don't get what you're trying to say.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

(I thought it was clear enough)

If we are evolving, when will men be able to marry their sisters?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mr. Yorp wrote:(I thought it was clear enough)

If we are evolving, when will men be able to marry their sisters?
Because this is really the main goal of evolution.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

It is?!?! Why?
Wakko
Pistachio

Mr. Yorp wrote:It is?!?! Why?
Smh
She was being sarcastic.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wakko wrote:
Mr. Yorp wrote:It is?!?! Why?
Smh
She was being sarcastic.
It's such a ridiculous question to ask that it needed an equally sarcastic response.

Seriously?! Why would it even matter, what would possess you to ask such a question?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I actually know what he is talking about. The closer you are in your genetic makeup the more likely you are to are to have defects in your children. So therefore if our genetic get better eventually we should be allowed to marry our sisters outside the weird as the earlier humans did.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Who said evolution is about our genetic material getting better? It's about survival and propagation of the species.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Even if Evolution were not true, we would still have survival of the fittest. And Evolution is not even about the survival of species. If Evolution were true, species replace species in the long run. If you run on Evolution's principle all species will eventually die while other species flourish.
Debate Vampire

Wakko
Pistachio

Blitz wrote:If you run on Evolution's principle all species will eventually die while other species flourish.
Don't all species die while other flurish anyway? :-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:Even if Evolution were not true, we would still have survival of the fittest. And Evolution is not even about the survival of species. If Evolution were true, species replace species in the long run. If you run on Evolution's principle all species will eventually die while other species flourish.
Species are going extinct and being replaced, that is still happening. Human evolution has changed because of modern medicine which has significantly altered how we reproduce and allows people who would not have survived in the past to survive. I mean the infant mortality rate has dropped drastically.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Therefore the field of Eugenetics which is one of the dangerous off shoot of Evolution among many other things.
Debate Vampire

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Eugenics are no more indicative of the inherent evils of evolution than Westboro is indicative of behaviors of Christianity.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love