Where are my Klubs?

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Where are my Klubs?

Some of you may notice that the Saga klubs were removed from the board.

They were getting quite spammy, and weren't going anywhere, so the admins decided that they should be removed, and the important posts from the three threads were moved to a new Saga Debate Thread.

Please feel free to debate about why you think a certain saga is the best! :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

What do you mean? I don't know what you mean by saga, and no clubs that I know of are deleted. But the "k" at the beginning of club makes me nervous.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:What do you mean? I don't know what you mean by saga, and no clubs that I know of are deleted. But the "k" at the beginning of club makes me nervous.
There were a few klubs dedicated to the sagas of AIO, such as the GRC, or Novacom.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Dictatorship! Dictatorship!

Oh, well. I suppose I can just accept this rather unpleasant turn of events and not throw an all-out temper tantrum like I usually do when the admins make a decision I don't agree with. ;) I do wish you had only deleted the Blackgaard one (and perhaps some of the more "spammy" posts from the other two as well) and kept the other two so that we'd have a bit of competition between the sagas, but, I suppose I have no say in this anyway. :( I mean... at least my posts were saved. \:D/

-- Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:36 pm --

I've also noticed that once you integrated the klubs, everyone stopped posting in them.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

XD, I figured my club would get deleted, it was getting quite spammy.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Blitz
Moose Tracks

We need an admin of equal power as Belle. She is definitely not a benevolent dictator.
Yeah they were a bit spammy.
Yeah that make it less fun since you aren't glorying in how great your saga is and bashing the rest. ;)
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Is there such a thing as a "benevolent dictator"? It seems the two words are a bit contradictory. ;)

I would agree that it would be nice to have another admin, but I for one think Belle has done a generally excellent job fulfilling her duties as an admin. She's firm without being mean and a leader without being overly domineering. I don't agree with all her decisions, but I don't think bashing her is going to help anything. Still, perhaps it would be better for the Soda Shop to become a bit more democratic in its decisions, or else, as you said, Blitz, add one more admin to balance things out.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Is there such a thing as a "benevolent dictator"? It seems the two words are a bit contradictory. ;)

I would agree that it would be nice to have another admin, but I for one think Belle has done a generally excellent job fulfilling her duties as an admin. She's firm without being mean and a leader without being overly domineering. I don't agree with all her decisions, but I don't think bashing her is going to help anything. Still, perhaps it would be better for the Soda Shop to become a bit more democratic in its decisions, or else, as you said, Blitz, add one more admin to balance things out.
Wow.

*refrains from making any politically incorrect jokes about Nazis*

For the record, Bren is still an admin, and I do discuss big decisions with him. :P He just doesn't have as much of a presence on the board. :P
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Okay, that makes sense. I'm assuming that Reddo and Limerick pop in to do tech support and make decisions too, even if they're almost never on the board. Jacob Isom, on the other hand, is so inactive he's probably reached legend status. It's odd that you and Aaron have been the only admins with a constant presence on the board.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

In a sense some kings are or were benevolent dictators. Napoleon wasn't that bad.
Any minus that thought, I have never seen Jacob Isom.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Napoleon was a very talented political and military leader, and he certainly wasn't as bad as, say, the Axis dictators of World War II, but he was no saint, and not exactly the most merciful or humble leader. But we're getting off topic.

Jacob Isom is in his late 20s and I believe he does several different things with his life (including graphic design for Focus On the Family), so I doubt he has the time or interest to get on this board except for very official or urgent matters. The last time he posted was during a cyberattack on The Odyssey Scoop that I remember well.