Arthur Dent

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Arthur Dent

If this is already a topic.... Well, I don't know, just let me know.
What I'm going to say will probably sound crazy. And it probably won't make sense to you normal people. But Arthur Dent was Brillant. It's almost Cliche' but it isn't. I love how he was part of Novacom, all on board, and then Next thing we know. He is Insane. It's Chilling. But It meant Novacom means business. He went from highly respected business man, To insane Wacko. And I love it. It's just so...... Brillant. This scene for example:

"John Whittaker: So, what's their goal?
Arthur Dent: Quite simple, really. Operation Think Tank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin?"

Was always one of my favorites. If someone ever asks me "Would you like a Muffin." I will Probably freak out. But I love this scene. Then there is this one:

"Arthur Dent: They'll find me and kill me.
John Whittaker: Who?
Arthur Dent: The same people who killed Armitage Shanks! I have to go! They'll find out I'm here! Please Whit!
Arthur Dent: But you don't understand what's happening! No one does! If I stay here I'll be dead before morning! Help me, Whit! You have to help me now!"

For me. This was probably the scariest moment in Novacom.You could tell Arthur Dent was seriously messed up. You could tell that he was 100% Afraid. And Insane. I just think the whole Arthur Dent storyline was ingenious. His voice acting was also incredible.

Maybe you don't like Arthur. That's fine. Maybe you think it was creepy. Also Fine. I'd love to know what you all think.
*Finger guns aggressively*
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Honestly, the scene where Charles talks about doing another "experiment" on Dent is just bone-chilling. We never find out exactly what happened to him, just that it was enough to drive him insane. I mean, for those of you who are Harry Potter fans, it's almost comparable to
what Bellatrix Lestrange did to Neville's parents.
And I think it's really cool how Dent still kept fighting and doing whatever he could to help bring Novacom down, and it's tragic and a little scary to think that for all his efforts to sabotage them, he ended up being a victim of their scheme with the Novabox himself.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:Honestly, the scene where Charles talks about doing another "experiment" on Dent is just bone-chilling. We never find out exactly what happened to him, just that it was enough to drive him insane. I mean, for those of you who are Harry Potter fans, it's almost comparable to
what Bellatrix Lestrange did to Neville's parents.
And I think it's really cool how Dent still kept fighting and doing whatever he could to help bring Novacom down, and it's tragic and a little scary to think that for all his efforts to sabotage them, he ended up being a victim of their scheme with the Novabox himself.
Definitely. That last sentence sums it up. We will never know what happened, But none the less, it is Freaky.
It kinda reminds me of Azula(For Avatar the last Airbender) even though the only similarity is that they went Insane.
*Finger guns aggressively*