Vote for your favorite movie of 2016

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Favorite movie of 2016

Moana
10%
Captain America: Civil War
10%
Doctor Strange
13%
Trolls
3%
Storks
No votes
X-Men Apocalypse
3%
Sing
7%
The BFG
No votes
Rogue One
10%
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
No votes
The Secret Life Of Pets
3%
The Angry Birds Movie
3%
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
10%
Zootopia
27%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 30

Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Woody wrote:Arrival is my favorite so far. I have yet to see Rogue One, but I imagine I'll find it disappointing, as most popular action movies are.
YES. Oh my goshhhh Arrival was absolutely incredible. Like, after it ended I sat in the theater for about ten minutes trying to process what I just watched. it really makes you think. I haven't been that captivated while watching a movie in a very long time. If you guys haven't seen it, I would 100% recommend it to pretty much anyone over 13. Obviously go on plugged in or whatever, but there weren't any violent scenes or really any super sexual stuff either. Just pure sci-fi amazingness. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner are so good.

Some movies not on the list that I thought were great:
*warning, R rated movies ahead*

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (very R) was probably my favorite comedy of the year. If you guys know the Lonely Island, it's basically those three guys making a satirical mockumentary. It's so freaking funny. Also the first R rated movie I ever saw, haha. The soundtrack, while explicit, still makes me laugh and I know pretty much every word to a lot of the songs. Along the same line, War Dogs (R) was a lot better than I was expecting and actually pretty interesting. Lots of swearing and guns though so definitely be warned.

10 Cloverfield Lane (PG-13) was also a great one. While the ending left much to be desired, I was so on edge the entire time. What a great psychological thriller, John Goodman did an incredible job. I would recommend this one, on the premise that you don't look up anything about it (maybe watch the trailer, it doesn't give anything away) and go in blind like I did. Really good.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (PG-13) was my favorite adaption this year, I'm surprised more people don't know about it. But granted I loved the book series and Asa Butterfield. I would recommend this one to most anyone, there's only a few scary scenes in it and you could probably skip them and still get most of the movie.

But yeah anyways ramble movies blah
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
EnderWarrior36
Strawberry

Emma wrote:Can I ask who voted for the Angry Birds Movie? In my opinion, that was a COMPLETE and UTTER waste of my time, and I'll never watch that movie again. The humor was not even humor, and they integrated so many cuss words by simply changing one letter. The bathroom humor was stupid and overdone. Don't worry, I'm done now, though I could go on. :D Just a word of warning, if you're thinking of watching that movie, don't.

My favorites were Sing and Rogue One. I put Civil War too, 'cause who doesn't like that? :P
I voted for it because it was such a great movie. And Emma, it was not a waste of time.
screeeeeeeee
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Forgive my brother's opinion, he's a major Angry Birds fan. :roll:

Anyway, I liked pretty much every movie on this list (except for the above)
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, so I know this didn't come out in 2016, but I just had to publish it. We went to see "Hidden Figures" last Sunday, and it TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!! It was so awesome. They did a great job!!!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I reaaally want to see Arrival. Is it any good?
EnderWarrior36 wrote:
Woody wrote:Arrival is my favorite so far. I have yet to see Rogue One, but I imagine I'll find it disappointing, as most popular action movies are.
Woody, Woody, Woody. Rogue One was awesome!! How can you think that it's going to be a bad movie!? :mad:
Amen. Go, and be a Star Wars fanatic like everyone who knows what good for them, Woody. *blesses* :P
EnderWarrior36
Strawberry

I heard their doing a Bone movie soon
screeeeeeeee
Helios
Butter Pecan

I'm kind of surprised Suicide Squad isn't on the list. O.o

I'm kind of torn between Miss Peregrine and Space Between Us as my "other", because I love Asa Butterfield, but I can't decide if "fantasy-action-horror" is superior to "drama-sci-fi-romance". Hmm... *meditates*
EnderWarrior36
Strawberry

Helios wrote:I'm kind of surprised Suicide Squad isn't on the list. O.o

I'm kind of torn between Miss Peregrine and Space Between Us as my "other", because I love Asa Butterfield, but I can't decide if "fantasy-action-horror" is superior to "drama-sci-fi-romance". Hmm... *meditates*
Because that movie was a flop. :mad:
screeeeeeeee
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Batman v. Superman was a critical failure, and it also failed to generate significant revenue after its opening weekend, but it's still on the list.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

That's because EnderWarrior likes Batman v Superman and doesn't like Suicide Squad. :roll:

Anyway, I think its about time to start a list for 2017, wouldn't you agree?
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I really enjoyed X-Men Apocalypse, but Doctor Strange trumps all of 2016.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
donirv
Vanilla

I voted for Strange, but The Secret Life Of Pets was a very funny movie. I even bought a Snowball mini-figure)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Hey donirv! Welcome to the Soda Shop. \:D/

I've only seen a few of the movies, but I think I'll have to go with Rogue One. It jumped around a lot at the beginning, but I loved how even though it differs greatly from the other Star Wars films, it fits in surprisingly well. It's nice to have a tragic and (somewhat more) realistic movie in the series.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Rogue One was great. That last scene with Darth Vader was chilling. It reminds you that Darth Vader is really just as powerful as Anakin was. But that's just my opinion, There were a ton of great movie like Docter Strange that I have yet to see.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I actually didn't enjoy Rogue One as much as I thought I would. I was quite bored and confused until the battle near the end. Which is such a disappointment, because The Force Awakens was SO good.
I feel stupid, but I didn't realize that it was set before the original Star Wars until near the end. Bu, I talked to quite a few nerds and they said they were also confused.
-Nicolas Cage
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Bethany Shepard wrote:I actually didn't enjoy Rogue One as much as I thought I would. I was quite bored and confused until the battle near the end. Which is such a disappointment, because The Force Awakens was SO good.
I feel stupid, but I didn't realize that it was set before the original Star Wars until near the end. Bu, I talked to quite a few nerds and they said they were also confused.
Yeah, you'd definitely have to be a complete nerd to get it. I only got it when my family told me it was "Episode 3.5". Then I figured out that they were on a mission that whole movie to get the chip (with the plans for the Death Star on it) Leia put into R2D2 in A New Hope in the beginning of the movie. I believe that in that same movie (A New Hope) Mon Motha said that "many lives were sacrificed" to find the chip.

I love the complexity :) and way they integrated it with all the facts from the old movies. Anyone else catch that Saw Gerrera was in Star Wars: The Clone Wars?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Bethany Shepard wrote:I actually didn't enjoy Rogue One as much as I thought I would. I was quite bored and confused until the battle near the end. Which is such a disappointment, because The Force Awakens was SO good.
Yeah, I felt the same way for a lot of the movie. It switched from planet to planet so many times that I lost track of what was happening, and by the end literally the only character name I could remember was Jyn Erso's. I really only started liking Rogue One when things started coming together on Scarif.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

T.S. (myself) wrote:It switched from planet to planet so many times that I lost track of what was happening, and by the end literally the only character name I could remember was Jyn Erso's. I really only started liking Rogue One when things started coming together on Scarif.
I remember now that this was a big complaint I had. I hate trailers today, so I refused to learn anything about Rogue One (as much as possible of course, I have SW geeks as siblings so I heard some =p). But anyhow, I was more or less lost with the characters in general. They said their names so few times, I hardly remembered them at the end of the movie. o_0 I felt like it was hard to connect with them if you couldn't title them anymore than "the only girl" or "main white character." Names are important guys. :x
xo eht haiasi-
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Truth, Isaiah. ^^

Yeah, and I'm a Star Wars enthusiast. I grew up on them, more specifically 4,5 and 6. You'd think that a pretty engrossed nerd would know what was going on! Haha
-Nicolas Cage
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I haven't actually seen Rogue One yet (my boyfriend keeps wanting me to see it, but we haven't gotten around to it, and frankly I'm not that enthusiastic about the whole "let's add on a dozen more movies to something that could just be left alone" but that's just me ;) ) But on this list... Moana is probably my favorite. SO CUTE. I watched it 3 times in a week. S'cute. I'm watching Fantastic Beasts tonight for the first time, so we'll see how I like that one, but YES AUDREY. Arrival was amazing and fascinating!
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!