Tornados

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Tornados

So has anyone ever seen a tornado personally or lived in a town where a tornado went through? What do you think of tornados?

I think they're cool but scary--scarily fascinating. There are so many different kinds.

I always used to have dreams about them--not so much anymore. I also used to wish that I'd see a tornado--but I never have. And now I don't really wish to--except maybe at a distance. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

When I lived in Wisconsin, we had them all the time. I can remember a few, but the one I really remember was when our whole family was outside in the backyard. We lived on a hill, and we were at the top of it and saw a bunch of debris (and I mean like, lawn chairs and rooftops) flying in the air towards us. My mom rushed all of us kids back into the house, but my dad just stayed at the top of the hill, and yelled down, "LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS!" Needless to say, my mom was a little mad. ;)

And now I am in Texas. We don't have tornadoes, we have hurricanes.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Well I only ever lived through warnings those are scary enough!

Audrey i wish I lived in Texas sorry to get of subject
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The last time I saw a tornado close was in 2007. We actually had around 7 tornadoes around us at one time that day, some we could see, others we couldn't. That year, our house also got struck by lightning. :P

I haven't seen any that I can remember that lasted very long since then, so a big "tornado" storm is probably likely sometime soon (especially considering my current location....Missouri....)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

We have tornado warnings all of the time in Missouri, but I've never seen an actual tornado, just crazy storms.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:The last time I saw a tornado close was in 2007. We actually had around 7 tornadoes around us at one time that day, some we could see, others we couldn't. That year, our house also got struck by lightning. :P

I haven't seen any that I can remember that lasted very long since then, so a big "tornado" storm is probably likely sometime soon (especially considering my current location....Missouri....)
Wow your house, we have tree right by our house that got struck when I was baby or before, and you can still see where twelve years later :!:
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I haven't seen one personally, but I live in the Southeast, so hurricanes and tornados aren't uncommon. Fortunately, my entire town is basically located in a valley, and my house specifically is on the side of a ridge, so when warnings come, we're not even that badly affected—some downed trees are the worst I've ever seen.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Though I've never seen one, a couple years ago my sisters, my mom, my niece and I went down to Alabama on vacation. On the way back, we visited Mammoth Cave. When we came out of the cave tour, the sky was dark and Mom said she'd been worried, with us down in the cave and her outside with the baby. We had been going to camp, but we stayed in a hotel that night. The next day when we had breakfast, we watched the news--that was when a tornado hit Joplin, Missouri. Dad called, and he said that a tornado had just gone through our town in Wisconsin. It knocked over a bunch of trees, including in my grandma's yard, and there was some damage to K-mart and some other buildings. Good thing it wasn't a bad one. No one was seriously hurt or anything. If I'd have been there, though, I might've seen it!

The funny thing is, there's a Native American legend about our town that where 3 rivers meet, there won't be a tornado.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I have never personally seen one, but like GD, Belle, and Audrey, I live in Tornado Alley, specifically, the OK portion, and my dad's relatives live in Missouri, but weren't near the (2012?) Joplin twister. I THINK THEY ARE SCARY! We have had to run and hide (sort of) 3or4 times, but never much damage. The most cataclysmic natural disaster that does the most extensive damage are the Ice Storms that frequent our area that knock down trees and stuff. My mom took a picture of an 18'' stick driven half-way into the ground after the ice had melted a couple weeks later[i/]! Back to the topic at hand, we have tornado warnings all the time, but never any extensive damage thank God!
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games