Genres

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

What kind of music do you like?

Hymns
12%
Gospel Songs
4%
Classical Music
12%
Rock & Roll
8%
Christian Rock
8%
Rap
4%
Christian Rap
12%
Jazz
8%
Swing
No votes
Blues
No votes
Salsa
No votes
Latin
No votes
Folk, Country, etc. (which includes Stephen Foster)
8%
Dance
8%
Disco
8%
Popular
4%
Metal
4%
Something Else (please specify in post)
4%

Total votes: 26

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Genres

What kind of songs do you like? Personally I like hymns the most. Though a few of the others are Ok as well.
Last edited by John Henry on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Which hymns do you like?

I listen to pretty much any type of music, I don't usually listen to rap or country though.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Many of them
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Any specifically?

I grew up in a denomination that used a lot of hymns, there's always the classic Amazing Grace which is one of my favorite. I also enjoyed Be Thou My Vision and It Is Well.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

"Because He Lives" - I LOVE that song!
We sang it last Sunday.

I also like Classical music.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

My favorite hymn to play on the piano is Blessed Assurance, but I have a hard time singing it, and espcially accompanying myself while playing.

I also love It Is Well, and many others, I just don't remember the titles.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I like Christian Rap, especially Shai Linne and Timothy Brindle.

But I also love EDM (electronic dance music), which isn't a specific genre, but consists of dubstep, house, rave, trap, electronica, club, techo, trance, hardcore, and drum & bass
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

This topic should be called Genres.

I love all EDM, just like Noah. UK hardcore, hardstyle, progressive house, house, electro house, chillout, glitch hop, nu-disco, trap and more. I mostly listen to this stuff.

I also really like classical, but I don't listen to that as much. Have to be in the mood.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't tend to prefer one genre over another, largely because whether or not I like a song depends on the lyrics and the musical composition, not whether I prefer country to classical (I don't). I have found a particular fondness for film scores and trailer music, especially from people like John Williams and Hans Zimmer, but I won't buy entire soundtracks unless I like every single song.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

*dramatic sigh* People always seem to forget about alternative. d=

I listen to quite a bit of indie rock, alternative rock, or just plain indie music. I suppose folk could be thrown in there too, actually. While that's the main genre I listen to, EDM is a close second. And after that, it's just various songs from different genres that I enjoy. But if you were to go on my ipod and look at the genre section, there's currently....*checks* 297 songs that are under the Alternative section. Out of 514 songs. d=

Also, what do you mean by Popular?
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Wakko
Pistachio

Audrey wrote:Also, what do you mean by Popular?
I believe he means Pop music.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

(ding dong dang Wakko)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

pop and popular are two different things D:

Korean and Japanese pop, Alternative/Indie, rock, oldies, a little bit of rap, occasional country even if it is a good song, Hip hop, Jazz/Blues, Brass/Instrumental/Big Band, things like that.

SHINee is amazing. BABY YOU'RE MY LUCKY STAR.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:My favorite hymn to play on the piano is Blessed Assurance, but I have a hard time singing it, and especially accompanying myself while playing.
Yeah, playing and singing at the same time is tough, but...
Not quite as hard as trying to play while your little brother is sitting behind you on the piano bench hugging you around the middle and singing his own words to the song. ;)
Last edited by HomeschoolCowgirl on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Wakko
Pistachio

Samantha14 wrote:pop and popular are two different things D:
I'm sorry, I didn't know. D:
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Let's just say that both are considered.
Okie
Caramel Crunch

Wakko
Pistachio

Some of my favorite songs. \:D/*
*WARNING: Some of these songs have screaming/rapping/drum beats for all of you people who hate that stuff, but are all Christian/clean.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I like Christian Rock.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I love Classical and Broadway (Which, I must say, was not on the list). I have a somewhat high tolerance for most anything.

This is one of my favorite Broadway/Musical songs. It's from Little Women;
*melts*
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage